Software Engineer Internship
We are seeking a Software Engineer Intern in our Atlanta office.
Come join our team!
We’re a sales and marketing led company, which is a fantastic learning experience (sales and marketing is the lifeblood of any company).
If you're looking to join a small but nimble team and level up by learning by doing, by building real software through engineering (hint: it involves Refactoring, Automated Browser Testing, and Hallway UX Testing), by teaching others, and by engineering by example -- and of course learning from a open-book managed company, then this might be a good fit for you.
Our Technology stack is primarily Ruby on Rails with deployments on Heroku, Amazon EC2, testing in RSpec and some other technologies sprinkled in.
Here's what you'll do:
- One-off projects that advance our platform, help with client rollouts, or help the company
- Develop software for our clients utilizing our existing APIs, apps, and data
- Develop proof of concept apps and integrations, working with our sales and business development teams
- Learn! Lots!
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or IT program (in progress or completed), or a related degree or coursework
- Understand core aspects of software development including architecture, design, development, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration and analytics
- Written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills are key for success
- QA experience a plus
- Retail, customer service, or restaurant experience. Have you ever worked retail? On commission? You will empathize with our core users.
- Software Development experience using a variety of tools and methodologies: Agile (all 12 principles), Pivotal Tracker, Git Flow, Continuous Builds, Automated Deployment, Integration Testing (rspec + cucumber).
Here's some of the perks you'll like:
- We build real products, a blend of software and hardware that people pick up and use using tablets, phones, and a variety of technologies
- We’re a startup founded by retail and ad-tech veterans (as an engineer, you’ll learn more about highly valuable skills of sales and marketing)
- We’ve got an open transparent culture
- We are changing the way Retail is done, creating Connected Stores that blend physical and digital -- think reading reviews in-store, smaller eco-friendly retail footprints, connected commissions/attributions, data-driven stores, and much more….
- Our main investors are Hallett Capital, IDEA Fund, Alerion Ventures, Knoll Ventures, and we are members of the Atlanta Technology Development Center (ATDC) Signature Program