Software Engineer Internship
We are seeking a Software Engineer Intern in our Atlanta office.
Come join our team!
We’re a sales and marketing led company, which is a fantastic learning experience (sales and marketing is the lifeblood of any company).
If you're looking to join a small but nimble team of solid engineers, designers, data scientists, and product experts and level up by learning by doing, by building real software through engineering (hint: it involves Refactoring, Automated Browser Testing, and Hallway UX Testing), by teaching others, and by engineering by example -- and of course learning from a open-book managed company, then this might be a good fit for you.
Located at Ponce City Market, in Atlanta, GA, we were founded in 2012 and have raised a Series A in June and have $4.5M in total funding. We have 15 employees, and you would join our Product and Engineering Team of 6 reporting to our Director of US Operations (and co-founder).
Our Technology stack includes Ruby, Java, Android, iOS, Spring, Ruby on Rails with deployments on Heroku, Amazon EC2, and backed by MySQL, PostgreSQL and some other technologies sprinkled in.
Here's what you'll do:
- One-off projects that advance our platform, help with client rollouts, or help the company
- Develop software for our clients utilizing our existing APIs, apps, and data
- Develop proof of concept apps and integrations, working with our sales and business development teams
- Participate in product planning meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily standups with Product, UX/UI Design, Client Services, and Sales and Marketing teams
- Assist our Data Scientist and Reporting team with analytics, reporting, and calculations using our recommendation engine(s) and product level intent data
- Learn! Lots!
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or IT program (in progress or completed), or a related degree or coursework
- Understand core aspects of software development including architecture, design, development, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration and analytics
- Written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills are key for success
- Retail, customer service, or restaurant experience. Have you ever worked retail? On commission? You will empathize with our core users.
- Software Development experience using a variety of tools and methodologies: Agile (all 12 principles), Pivotal Tracker, Git Flow, Continuous Builds, Automated Deployment, Integration Testing (rspec + cucumber). We can teach you specifics, but you’ll have to know why we do use these tools.
- Android or iOS Experience (nice to have, but not required). We can help you learn.
Here's some of the perks you'll like:
- We build real products, a blend of software and hardware that people pick up and use using tablets, phones, and a variety of technologies
- We’re a startup founded by retail and ad-tech veterans (as an engineer, you’ll learn more about highly valuable skills of sales and marketing)
- We’ve got an open transparent culture
- We are changing the way Retail is done, creating Connected Stores that blend physical and digital -- think reading reviews in-store, smaller eco-friendly retail footprints, connected commissions/attributions, data-driven stores, and much more….
- Work at the coolest office (our Retail lab) in Atlanta in Ponce City Market (our CEO wanted us to mention that the unlimited chocolate croissants we have are the best in town)
- Our main investors are Hallett Capital, IDEA Fund, Alerion Ventures, Knoll Ventures, and we are members of the Atlanta Technology Development Center (ATDC) Signature Program